A Professional Librarian’s Initiative
The gateway to business management resources
Makes it happen
With an increasing number of digital resources, library and information professionals have a crucial role in navigating learners through the complex digital information environment. Information professionals in the academic sectors in particular, are also becoming important members of an expanding team of learning support staff.
A one-stop user-oriented Portal / Gateway for management Resources for the researchers, students, academicians etc includes collection of links, services, e-journals (Open access and subscription based), e-books, database, mailing lists/discussion groups, articles/papers/reports/standards, organisational home pages, thesis / dissertations, educational materials, news, resource guides, bibliographies, institutional repositories, information about seminars/conferences, online news feeds from leading business publications, web sites (keep updated ) etc..etc..
– A ready reference web tool for business management.
– Facility that allows easier access to web-based resources in a definite subject area.
Objectives of the portal:
– Internet as a whole is not well organised.
– Users do not find what they are searching for and still waste hours looking, are frequently arguments against the Internet.
– Search engines have no inbuilt mechanism for matching retrieval to the age, level or experience of the user or to the purpose of the study.
– Organise digital information, thus reduce the barrier of users having to remember multiple log-on.
The Portal / gateway is being populated with sufficient contents day by day..
Portal developed & maintained by
Binu K John. BSc, MLISc, MPhil, PGDCA, UGC-NET
Mar Baselios College of Engineering & Technology,